~20w EE drooped over, fluffed up, abnormal poops

tasnim2005

Chirping
Sep 9, 2020
We've had our pullet feel under the weather for the past 2-3 days(fluffed up, closing eyes a lot while standing), so we quarantined her in a little cage inside with electrolyte water. Her poops still looked pretty fine, and she was eating and drinking fairly well. This morning, though, she was sleeping a lot while standing, to the point her whole neck would droop to the ground. She doesn't willfully eat or drink anymore. When she poops, it's liquid and runs clear with the occasional tinges of green. Any ideas on what she could have, and what treatment to administer?(We currently have electrolytes, corid, and vetrx on hand if those need apply)

Attachments

• Resized_20201206_081720.jpeg
    Resized_20201206_081720.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20201206_081647(1).jpeg
    Resized_20201206_081647(1).jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 9
I don’t have any real answers here because we rarely treat sick birds, but this is probably something I would try tylan with. However, I have been out of chickens for several years and I’m rusty, so take that for what it’s worth. Hopefully my post bumps this up and someone more knowledgeable will help. Hope your hen feels better soon.

I don’t have any real answers here because we rarely treat sick birds, but this is probably something I would try tylan with. However, I have been out of chickens for several years and I’m rusty, so take that for what it’s worth. Hopefully my post bumps this up and someone more knowledgeable will help. Hope your hen feels better soon.
Thank you for the reply! She's actually recovered and is back with her flock! We didn't really know what it was that she had, but we gave her some Vitamin E, hard boiled egg yolks, and electrolytes + kept her in the cage for another 1-2 days with constant monitoring and now she's active, healthy, and as sweet as ever!

Attachments

• 20201207_145948.jpg
    20201207_145948.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom