21 day old Hatching eggs shaking but not breaking through???

Yeah they move around and all sorts of wierd stuff. Read a book or something, serious I think I got 2 hours sleep the first hatch I had. All I did was watch and check but if you just leave it be and go to bed it is more like Christmas when you get up your presents are there.

Rammer, you also have to remember not to count the first day you placed them in the incubator.....If you did, technically you are
only day 20....
wink.png

Don't leave us hanging! How many hatched? How are they doing? I too am in the middle of a 6 egg (turkey) hatch and its thrilling. 4 are out and 2 have piped.....looks like 100%....but as they say, I shouldn't count until they hatch! Now, how about yours?

Just got home from work and two have hatched!!!!! still 14 more in there so I don't know what going on with them??? I hope those 2 were just early hatchers and the rest will catch up soon but haven't seen any pipping signs yet..

Good Luck!!

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the help!

big_smile.png
Patience Grashopper >Sometime's they will take a couple or few day's.I rarely intervein on helping hatchling's but sometime's but I have been hatching a while and after several hatche's you can ususly spot a truley stuck bird so and it is even tricky then getting them out safely..Don't open bator just to candle egg's.

Thanks dieselgr48. I did open the bator to take out the two chicks because they were destroying any sense of peace inside for the others to hatch. It was quickly and temp didnt drop but a few degrees. I thought I heard some chirpping inside after closing it but not sure. I will be patient....
smile.png

Rammer,

Just remember, each time you open the incubator you risk shrink wrapping the others. So I always leave the first ones to hatch in there at least 24 hours, they need to dry off and
are just fine in there for about 3 days without food or water. Some say that their noises, chirps etc speed up the hatching process for the others. Congratulations on your new additions!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom