21 Days of Anxiety Leads to Building My Own Incubator

Hi, DandL. I did calibrate my hygrometer, and I compared my thermometer - an incubator-specific mercury version - to two others, and they all agreed. I also added a dozen small stones to the bottom of the incubator to help with heat stability. It's good to know about the freezing water test. Very good links.

Good to hear from another homemade 'bator enthusiast. Many people say they have excellent results with their homemade incubators. It is quite encouraging, and I appreciate the responses.

Hi, DandL. I did calibrate my hygrometer, and I compared my thermometer - an incubator-specific mercury version - to two others, and they all agreed. I also added a dozen small stones to the bottom of the incubator to help with heat stability. It's good to know about the freezing water test. Very good links.

Good to hear from another homemade 'bator enthusiast. Many people say they have excellent results with their homemade incubators. It is quite encouraging, and I appreciate the responses.
the only other thing i can say is that you could add a fan to your styro to help with the hot/cold spots
also moving the eggs around the bator
i am trying to find the image that shows why......

DandL, your post on building your incubator is hilarious. "Adult beverage," and the photo of your progress with the glass of wine cracked me up. I hope my account of my own homemade incubator is as entertaining.

I have yet to commit to a form for my future 'bator - styrofoam, plastic cooler, or home construct (which I'm leaning toward). But I plan on getting started very soon. My thermostat will be here in the mail on Tuesday, and I have almost everything else on hand.

Last edited:
lol I wanted it to be fun and people to see that's it's not hard :oops: I am just slow and unmotivated and had little to no help

It really is a fun read and you will get sucked in very easily our 'antics'

Make sure insulate it well

Back
Top Bottom