21 pilgrim geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ameraucanacrazy, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    Hey I need some help to see if this is worth going for. Okay, there is a lady that lives near me that has 21 pilgrim geese, 7 trios for sale and she is selling them for $625 for all 21 and they were $950 for all but she could not sell them for that. So , my questionis, is this a good deal? Oh and they are registered, and exhibition geese bc she has shown me where she has won metals and other prizes for showing them.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    If they are show quality geese than that is an excellent deal. Pet quality geese around here go from 25 - 40. Excellent quality birds start at about 50 here.

3. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:I have never heard of a 'registered' goose, metals could be from any level from county fair on up. The important thing is do you like the way they look? Pilgrims are not that tricky to judge. they are fairly plain and unless mismarked what you see is what you get. Do you want to carry that many geese over the winter? The price sounds right.

4. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    Thank u guys for the help. And i have other geese and I have a huge house for the geese that is heated well, so yh it would not be a problem to carry them through the winter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by