21st Century Incubator in development. Need feedback/volunteers!

Congratulations on Your Property/Home Purchase......

I am subscribed to this thread, and was notified by email of your post, so There is that option!

I for one am hoping that you complete this, it sounds very interesting/promising.
I for one would love to help test it out.

The idea of different chips for Different Bird Species sounds good......
Though it is said that some chicken eggs require different humidity from normal.....how would that work?
Also I think wood would be easier to clean/sanitize than the Styrofoam ones.

That sounds amazing
droolin.gif
I can't wait to hear more about your project as it advances!

Jason,

I didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have already asked this. How does the circuitry hold up to the high humidity and the heat? I sure would be interested in one if you decide to sell them! Always looking for a better and cheaper mouse trap!

Debbi

Quote:
I saw a humidistat the other week in home depot for $20-22 I am going to try to make a humidistat and electric condensate pan from a refrigeration system work as a humidifier for my final version just a few random thoughts
smile.png

RebelCowboy something or other has a page on humidistat design.

Quote:
Different humidity settings are controlled by the logic/program that is running. Change a couple parameters of the program and voila.
Yes, wood would be much easier to clean/sanitize. Use a non-toxic sealer. However, the thermal properties. More thought on this is required. I was also thinking styrofoam, closed cell, the rigid kind, coated in a sealer of some sort. This is going to take some research.

CoopCreations~~so glad to see this thread is still alive and well!! I'm also subscribed to it.

Have you investigated the use of Plexiglas as a material to construct the incubator? I know if I can "see" whats going on inside, it's easier for me to resist the temptation to open.

Quote:
I saw a humidistat the other week in home depot for $20-22 I am going to try to make a humidistat and electric condensate pan from a refrigeration system work as a humidifier for my final version just a few random thoughts
smile.png

the smaller humidifiers like vicks sell look kina promising as well some times it is good to just copy others Ideas other times I would rather find new ways LOL gives me a reason to just kina putz around the shop
smile.png

Quote:
Different humidity settings are controlled by the logic/program that is running. Change a couple parameters of the program and voila.
Yes, wood would be much easier to clean/sanitize. Use a non-toxic sealer. However, the thermal properties. More thought on this is required. I was also thinking styrofoam, closed cell, the rigid kind, coated in a sealer of some sort. This is going to take some research.

I kina like FRP board over the plywood it is white and very easy to clean it is used in meat rooms in food stores

I have a link for a fantastic site! They have all kinds of timers, electric motors, cylenders, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls, valves, and almost everything a tinkerer could ever want! LOL From very tiny to very huge! AC to DC to every other thing you could need! I didn't want to post the link with out asking first. I am still hoping to stay on the list of names!!!

P.s Congrats on the house!
thumbsup.gif
I love old homes!

Good Luck and God Bless!

Quote:
smile.png

I have seen most of his stuff. I have built walk in coolers / freezers for a coupla decades now. I have done many calcs on sizing HVAC/R / Heating engineer for our British cousins
smile.png
and I see an incy as a small walk in refrigerator just a conditioned space to be humidified and having the temp controlled much like I have done on a much larger scale since 1975-76 or so. I will continue to refine my efforts and thoughts until I no longer have to SWAG and I get to the end of the design spiral
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom