22 Turkey Eggs In The Incubator!

Coops Dad

Crowing
May 10, 2020
too close to Waco, TX
I picked up 22 Bourbon Red turkey eggs from a contact up in the Texas Panhandle; they're alleged to be Bourbon Reds but one of the last batch I got from him grew out looking like a Blue Slate. The Nurture Right 360 is spun up to temp and we're off to the races!
IMG_20230324_122418878.jpg

I am interested in doing this next year (this year maybe if my geese lay more... test it all with goose eggs HA!). I have been looking at this incubator at our somewhat local TSC, but it doesn't say it will do turkey or geese eggs, are there special trays?

Thanks!

I am interested in doing this next year (this year maybe if my geese lay more... test it all with goose eggs HA!). I have been looking at this incubator at our somewhat local TSC, but it doesn't say it will do turkey or geese eggs, are there special trays?

Thanks!
What breed of geese? Smaller goose eggs usually fit in the regular tray in my experience. There are bigger trays I believe though that you can buy separately. Or just hand turn.
The NR 360 is an awesome incubator, I've had nothing but good hatches with it.

Thanks!
No, no special trays needed; its turner tray is low enough that the turkey eggs are cradled pretty well and turn easily. They're scheduled to start pipping Friday evening or Saturday morning.

What breed of geese? Smaller goose eggs usually fit in the regular tray in my experience. There are bigger trays I believe though that you can buy separately. Or just hand turn.
The NR 360 is an awesome incubator, I've had nothing but good hatches with it.
We have Toulouse (one African that showed up one day). I have been giving their eggs away but was thinking, why not just learn about incubating? One female is 8 and the other original female and male are 6. The rest are babies they hatched (high death rate at hatch under mom) Long story but during the start of the pandemic, they hatched babies, and well..... now we have 8 (lost 2 to predators last year).

Back
Top Bottom