23 day old chick died in egg

Valentin

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
Hi today is the 23rd day of some eggs sitting under a broody hen. So today I went out there at 10:15 to check the eggs and don’t see any pipping so I came back at 12:30 and found that an egg is completely broken so I check it and pull out a completely formed baby chick in there but died so my question is does this picture look like the mama may have step on it or does it look like it was pipping and was alive. If so it was pipping could the other eggs come out the eggs today as well. This is a pick of the egg without the baby in there.
D6C3B193-3478-4967-A484-5F3528CD8BB2.jpeg

Sorry it didn't make it. There is sign of wet egg yolk which means the egg yolk ruptured during hatching before it was fully absorbed. This is usually a death sentence. Considering it was 2 days overdue it would be expected for it to have struggled. I don't think any of the other eggs will have any better chances of a good hatch considering they will be even later if any are still alive.
Temperatures during incubation will have had too many swings I think.

Sorry it didn't make it. There is sign of wet egg yolk which means the egg yolk ruptured during hatching before it was fully absorbed. This is usually a death sentence. Considering it was 2 days overdue it would be expected for it to have struggled. I don't think any of the other eggs will have any better chances of a good hatch considering they will be even later if any are still alive.
Temperatures during incubation will have had too many swings I think.
I agree do you think I should try to pip a little hole in the egg to give the chick a better chance

Back
Top Bottom