23 days

Pangy

Chirping
Apr 18, 2015
I have a mama that has 3 chicks that have hatched. One on day 21, one on day 22, it is now day 23. I did the float test and candle test it is definitely a viable egg. My question is she doesn't seem to be laying on it. She she with her new chicks teaching them to eat and drink. What should I do?

I have a mama that has 3 chicks that have hatched. One on day 21, one on day 22, it is now day 23. I did the float test and candle test it is definitely a viable egg. My question is she doesn't seem to be laying on it. She she with her new chicks teaching them to eat and drink. What should I do?
Do you have an incubator?

Do you have an extra brooder you could use to put the chicks in? If you put the hatched ones in a brooder she should go and sit on the unhatched egg
No, she is my only broody girl, and I don't have a incubator.
Sorry this is my fist time hatching , I hope this is what it asking.
Do you have an extra brooder you could use to put the chicks in? If you put the hatched ones in a brooder she should go and sit on the unhatched egg

No, she is my only broody girl, and I don't have a incubator.
Sorry this is my fist time hatching , I hope this is what it asking.
Do you have any heat lamps, or heated pads to put the hatched chicks on. Do you know what a brooder is? It's just a heated box that chicks are kept it

Should I take the chicks and put them in a separate area with a heat lamp and put mama on her egg and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom