24-26 weeks old, no eggs?

You also said that they've only been on layer feed for two weeks. Perhaps only let them eat that, no snacks until they start, and then only 10% of their food as previously mentioned. I have a Welsummer that didn't lay until she was 28 wks. Production breeds seem to start sooner. With the nutritional deficiency at the early part of their lives, as mentioned, their bodies are still catching up from that.
Be patient. Pullets will lay eventually. My late July hatched ones started laying in January-February, and this is here in Washington, where our daylight is very short in winter.
Have you looked in places other than the nesting boxes? At one time, I had an Easter egg hunt nearly every day until they learned where to lay them, and their bodies figured out what the urge was. If eggs are being eaten, you will find evidence of that, whether it's leftover egg shell, or slimy bedding. The yolk and shell seems to be favored. I found a leftover shell and some white just today.
Thank you for the thorough response!
I've cut the scraps out and I notice that they're hanging around the coop way less. They've always had the option to go out and free-range/forage, and that's what they're doing now. They only come running back when one has caught a grasshopper or worm. They mostly ignore the layer food I put out (both pellets and crumble). Perhaps they'll eat it if they get hungry enough?
I do go walking around the area everyday in hopes of finding an Easter egg, but none yet! Glad you mentioned the egg-eating; there's been zero evidence of that, either, which is comforting.

Back
Top Bottom