24 hr. old chick attacking others! Help!

amijab

Songster
8 Years
Dec 30, 2011
I have a chick that is 24 hr old that is constantly pecking at the other feet, head, and if I seperate him he goes crazy and runs around and peck at anything and his own feet. I have no idea what to do. I had to remove all chicks from incubator because there was a bad smell. I have cleaned it out and I am putting this one back in because I need to seperate but he needs to stay warm.
ANy suggestions would be great. Also I have one that was born about 3 hrs before him that was doing good but now just lays around. I was worried he would not make it through the night but he did. Maybe I should put that one back in the incubator and do something else with this one. There are four in all. Two died late deaths without pipping. One cracked and was rotten on day 5. I think that caused the bacteria. I got onto another egg and I did not know to remove it.

welcome-byc.gif
Do you have a red brooder light on them. If not that helps calm them. I won't put it back in the incubator if you already had it out. Try sprinkling some chick starter on paper towels in front of it, to give it something to peck at. Hope it helps
Michele

I wouldn't separate him from the others. I've had a few like that. They were just looking for something to eat. He'll stop doing it in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom