26% Gamebird starter crumble?

Quote:
I suggest non-medicated as well, but the only place you can get medicated game bird feed, is in the pheasant belt. It's probably the only place you can get the Purina 12%game bird feed as well.

I suggest everyone call Purina mills and ask them about their product number 5419, then ask where they can get the "MEDICATED" version. It's like a trade secret. Very nice CSR's get all defensive when you ask for the medicated version.

Joe why would you want the medicated version??

I don't want the medicated version, because I'm not raising pheasant. It's just fun to talk with the Purina CSR for 10-30 min. before they even admit they make (Medicated Game Bird Starter). Sorry Rainwolf. That was an inside-joke
smile.png

Once Upon A Time In An Internet String Far Far Away....

There Was A Heated Posting About Medicated Feed. The Op Insisted All Purina Was Medicated, Those Of Us Outside Of The Pheasant Belt Insisted It Wasnt Because We Had Never Seen It Nor Could Get It Available To Us. Turns Out Feed Is A Very Regional Thing, And Its Tailored For Specific Uses/ Speces/ Climates/ And Markets To That Region... Joe Actually Called Purina And Had A Both Educational And Obviuosly Fun Conversation With Them In Order To Learn The Ins And Outs Of Region Recipes/ Market Driven Supplies
smile.png

Turns Out In The Pheasant Belt The Most Marketed And Available Purina Gbs Will Be 1 That Is Medicated With A Coccistat That Is Not Approved For Use On Quail By The Fda... Thus The "for Pheasants Only" In Small Print On The Bag Tag. Elsewhere It May Be Antibiotic Marked Medicated Gbs On The Bag Tag.... Yet Other Parts Of The Country It Is Plain Non Medicated Gbs.

As Many Of You May Or May Not Have Noticed All Purina Gamebird Feed Irreguardless Of The Formula Comes In The Same Bags--- Learn To Read The Labels As They Are Being Loaded Into Your Vehicle, Otherwise Some Dolt At The Feed Store May Sell Or Load The Incorrect Formula --- In Example You May Go In To Buy Gbs And The Window Licker Slingin Bags Loads Maitenance Feed Instead... The Difference? 30 % 18 Bucks A Bag Vs 16% 15 A Bag--- You Just Got Ripped Off! And If You Dont Happen To Look At The Tags You'll Never Know... 3 Wks Later You'll Be Posting On Here Trying To Figure Out Why Your Babies Are Small And Spindly Looking
smile.png

Oh the feedstore hates me....I walk in and go right to the back...what do I do???? I read ALL the labels...sure they say they can help me but they bring me the wrong stuff...I want what I want and I KNOW they want to sell me stuff that they can't sell....SO...When I come I know they are grunting and wanting me to leave LOL

They tried to sell me the 20% and I said no. People at feed stores just don't understand and usually don't care. That is why I am buying from another place that only sells poultry feed instead of dog toys and Purina chicken feed. At least they carried gamebird feed unlike TSC.

Quote:
I had one feed store employee tell me to just feed quail "chicken food" like "everyone else" does...

he.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif

Sometimes people just don't understand what they need. I have had people scream at me trying to tell me that what works for pheasants will work for quail. That is why I go to a lot of different places to buy feed. Nobody will order enough for my birds. I have to go to two places to get all of the feed I need.

Tell me about it. The other day I nearly walked out of the feed store with grower instead of starter, 20% pellets vs 24% crumbles, respectively. They didnt seem to think it'd make a difference. Yeah maybe my quail babies will learn to use forks and knives and cut their own food up smaller.
roll.png

So is the Purina Game Bird Startena brand 30% good for the whole time. I know its what you give the quail babies but do you drop down in protein when they start laying?

Quote:
Yes, and if my failing memory serves... The big guns were brought to bear, a moderator said matter of fact and erroneously, all Purina GBS is medicated, which countered my erroneous statement that all Purina GBS is unmediated.
I was wrong, and banned, the moderator was wrong and still has a job. Apparently, they make both, and anyone willing to do the research will tell you that! This is why I say: #1. Never take feed advice from anyone that works at a feed store, and #2. never take feed advice from a moderator on BYC.

Do your own research! Get the facts yourself. You will be glad you did!

Back
Top Bottom