26 week old flock and no eggs? Is something wrong?

Referring to original question. Nothing wrong can take up to 32 weeks to lay first eggs especially during winter season when not in lay till daylight comes back. Large breeds take longer to go into lay. They need all the physical features to mature and reach breed weight as well. You know they are ready when they start practicing nesting in the box two weeks prior to lay usually and have bright red combs and wattles.

Referring to original question. Nothing wrong can take up to 32 weeks to lay first eggs especially during winter season when not in lay till daylight comes back. Large breeds take longer to go into lay. They need all the physical features to mature and reach breed weight as well. You know they are ready when they start practicing nesting in the box two weeks prior to lay usually and have bright red combs and wattles.
Thanks for the info! I have noticed that they are starting to go into the nest box and a couple of them seem to be getting more color in their combs and wattles. I don’t think the Sussex is close though and who knows about the Polish.

Attachments

• DA6705A0-5B2F-4DE1-BD61-DCABD2286C40.jpeg
    DA6705A0-5B2F-4DE1-BD61-DCABD2286C40.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DF519C46-0148-4224-AD0A-72741F7524CA.jpeg
    DF519C46-0148-4224-AD0A-72741F7524CA.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 1
  • D28CF932-E254-45BD-BAA5-E25418947247.jpeg
    D28CF932-E254-45BD-BAA5-E25418947247.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 4
  • EE906A12-AAC3-4CEF-B0CE-4A4FFF77FE90.jpeg
    EE906A12-AAC3-4CEF-B0CE-4A4FFF77FE90.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 2
I have a couple different breeds 4 polish, 1 welsummer, 1 barred rock, 1 speckled sussex, and 1 chocolate orpington. I don't think any of my chickens are laying yet. I've heard Polish aren't good layers, but I expected at least my barred rock or sussex to lay by now. The chickens all seem to be eating and drinking well and acting normal. They are kept in a coop/run and I usually let them out for a few hours every day. The last two days I keep them in to make sure they weren't laying else where, but nothing. I switched them over to 16% layer feed a couple week ago. Should I be concerned?
My 3- 25 wks. old Welsummers aren't laying yet, but getting there. It's so hard to be patient. My 4 ISAs are all finally laying. The days are getting longer, so keep checking for that surprise.

My 3- 25 wks. old Welsummers aren't laying yet, but getting there. It's so hard to be patient. My 4 ISAs are all finally laying. The days are getting longer, so keep checking for that surprise.
Mine will be 32 weeks old on Monday... I keep hoping maybe one day lol

chickens don't lay in cold weather. you will get eggs in the spring. my chickens are same age. got mine may 7th and no eggs. however they are about ready to lay.

I think it depends on the chicken, the light as well. My 5 silkies hatched July 2020 started to lay November 24th and lay on average 4 eggs a day. I believe they are laying as they are young and next winter they may not according to people with experience on this site. It is winter here in UK and the cold definitely doesn't deter them. Had one or two go broody, no cockerels so nipped that in the bud over a couple of days thanks to people on this site who advised me how to break broodiness. Hopefully you will get eggs soon.

I have a couple different breeds 4 polish, 1 welsummer, 1 barred rock, 1 speckled sussex, and 1 chocolate orpington. I don't think any of my chickens are laying yet. I've heard Polish aren't good layers, but I expected at least my barred rock or sussex to lay by now. The chickens all seem to be eating and drinking well and acting normal. They are kept in a coop/run and I usually let them out for a few hours every day. The last two days I keep them in to make sure they weren't laying else where, but nothing. I switched them over to 16% layer feed a couple week ago. Should I be concerned?

My easter egger layed her first egg today! been doing the submission squat 2 and half weeks and now her first egg comes! its green!

Back
Top Bottom