26 week old flock and no eggs? Is something wrong?

Pics
Found these today. Snow shock? T I am asking on another thread if a girl could've laid both if these, they were in the same place.View attachment 2528822

I don't know much and there are numerous people on this board who are more experienced than me.... But I think it looks like eggs were laid before they finished layering on the shell. Like the process was interrupted. I remember seeing a thread a while back about different things that could happen with deformed eggs and what caused it. Seems like soft shelled eggs was listed there.... And that's what it looks like to me....

So, After reading another thread, these are soft shell eggs. Seems some that were mentioned are dropped/expelled from the roost at night, and can happen to new layers (which my girls are) or under other circumstances. At this point, it is not any illness or disease. I got a normal pullet egg today along with the 4 other normal ones. Certainly not a worry at this point. Phew! Being an inexperienced chicken mom is nerve wracking at times. I am so thankful for this forum and all the helpful advice of seasoned moms and dads.

I don't know much and there are numerous people on this board who are more experienced than me.... But I think it looks like eggs were laid before they finished layering on the shell. Like the process was interrupted. I remember seeing a thread a while back about different things that could happen with deformed eggs and what caused it. Seems like soft shelled eggs was listed there.... And that's what it looks like to me....
Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom