26 weeks, no eggs. You are all invited to my pity party!

Euphillia

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Colorado(near a big city)
Well, 26 weeks now. 2 EEs and 2 barred rocks. Not a single egg or any egg laying behavior. Nice red waddles. Am I going to have to wait until spring?

I've had them all since they were 1 week, so I am 110% sure of their age. Sorry I know sooo many of these posts, but maybe since I posted this there will be eggs tomorrow!
he.gif

Well sometimes chickens just don't lay till there a few weeks or so after normal laying time, sorry I can't really help, you kind of just have to wait it out but chances are that it does not have a problem it just needs a little more time then the other chickens do. What kind of food are you giving them right now?
Good luck!
smile.png
frow.gif

you arnt the only one. my ladies havnt been laying a thing.
After 10 years I have to go buy eggs. Come on girlies make momma breakfast. Yall turned into lazy bumsss

Last edited:
I think I have read on here before that it is better if they lay first eggs a little later because they are more likely to encounter less problems with laying and the complications that may occur.
My baby laid her egg when she was bout 30 weeks! Trust me it is was worth the wait for your first egg dance --->
celebrate.gif

Yeahuh!

You have a very pretty Partridge btw ChickensRDinos. She amazeingly looks exactly like my Scarlette rip. Where did you get her from? or what line is she?
Mine was pure Flufnstuff.
Lol I have had a hen for almost 3 1/2 years that has maybe layed 2 dozen eggs o.0...

Last edited:
Thank you! :) She is a very silly bird. I told her it's fine if she never lays - I'll like her anyway. She is my very first silkie and I think she has converted me. I got her from Amber Waves Silkies.

http://showsilkies.com/

2 dozen eggs, lol, oi! Well, I'm glad to know she isn't so odd afterall.

Last edited:
" She is so darn stinkin cute I dont care if she lays an egg ever. Her face is to adorable =D" Thats my sweet Honeybuns
The one in my avy is funny though. "Furry". she is a funny one and proceeds to peck me when I dont pay attention to her. Then when I pay attention she vocalizes her disgust that I happened to be touching her XD. She loves it when I rub her chin. Funny thing is she is the one that layed 5 eggs that was an egg inside another egg inside another egg inside another eggs inside another egg. And also layed me many eggs that were the size of nickles haha

I was actually afraid when I took that picture. I was wondering if she was just mad at me or if she wanted to go all kungfu on my camera =P. But she has a good oppurtunity to flog my face

My EE turned 27 weeks today and still no eggs. The Wellies I got at the same time started laying a few weeks ago. Their eggs have already started getting bigger. They were 1.4 ounces when they started laying now they are up to 1.9 ounces. I have read that EE's take longer to lay. But it's so hard waiting to see what color egg she will lay.

" She is so darn stinkin cute I dont care if she lays an egg ever. Her face is to adorable =D" Thats my sweet Honeybuns
The one in my avy is funny though. "Furry". she is a funny one and proceeds to peck me when I dont pay attention to her. Then when I pay attention she vocalizes her disgust that I happened to be touching her XD. She loves it when I rub her chin. Funny thing is she is the one that layed 5 eggs that was an egg inside another egg inside another egg inside another eggs inside another egg. And also layed me many eggs that were the size of nickles haha

I was actually afraid when I took that picture. I was wondering if she was just mad at me or if she wanted to go all kungfu on my camera =P. But she has a good oppurtunity to flog my face

lol. Mine has a ton of personality too. She is usually very kind and docile but she recently decided she hates my pit bull and attacks her whenever the dog comes near. She thinks she tough but my dog barely notices. I want to get more someday.

The 5 layered egg is crazy! I have seen pics of 1 egg inside another but 5!! Whoa!

Back
Top Bottom