27th day of incubation pls HELP!

Unfortunately, this one looks like a goner to me. The egg should look much fuller at this point, it should just look black (except for the air cell) when you candle it. Dead fetuses can be very very jiggly, which is confusing when trying to figure out of they're dead or not because it looks like they're moving. If the fetus is somehow just underdeveloped, a good judge is if the whole thing is moving at once, it's probably just jiggling. If it's moving only its head or its foot, then it's really moving.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up with this egg. Definitely give it another day or two, but if nothing is happening, you should crack the egg open and see what's going on. It looks like the fetus died a week ago, maybe longer.

Is there any chance that it's actually Muscovy, or half Muscovy? They have a longer incubation period, which would explain why it's so underdeveloped.

Unfortunately, this one looks like a goner to me. The egg should look much fuller at this point, it should just look black (except for the air cell) when you candle it. Dead fetuses can be very very jiggly, which is confusing when trying to figure out of they're dead or not because it looks like they're moving. If the fetus is somehow just underdeveloped, a good judge is if the whole thing is moving at once, it's probably just jiggling. If it's moving only its head or its foot, then it's really moving.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up with this egg. Definitely give it another day or two, but if nothing is happening, you should crack the egg open and see what's going on. It looks like the fetus died a week ago, maybe longer.

Is there any chance that it's actually Muscovy, or half Muscovy? They have a longer incubation period, which would explain why it's so underdeveloped.
It’s a Cayuga.
Sure do hope you get a duckling soon.
sadly it’s gone. I checked this morning and it’s not moving anymore so I did a floating test it sunk to the bottom :hit

It’s Cayuga. Yes you are right. Unfortunately it’s gone. Thank you so much for your information.i give up on incubator. Might put some eggs under my broody Muscovy duck.

It’s Cayuga. Yes you are right. Unfortunately it’s gone. Thank you so much for your information.i give up on incubator. Might put some eggs under my broody Muscovy duck.
Aw, I'm sorry! Don't give up on the incubation, though. I got a crappy, malfunctioning Chinese incubator and my first two tries ended in disaster. Once I got the hang of it, and modified it slightly (just tape & a new fan,) it worked perfectly. It took me at least five or six hatches to get it right. There were a good few hatches where I would put a bunch of eggs in and only one or two would hatch, and ones where none would hatch at all. This year, I had a 95% hatching rate, and all came out perfect and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom