2mo. old vomiting goose

bigbird

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Hello: I went to pick up my sebastapol goosling about 5 days ago and she vomited a brown like fluid. (a lot). In comparrison to the others her age she is also pale in color on her beak, legs and feet. I started her on dextrose, antibiotics and electrolites. She does not seem to be getting her color back although she is eating and drinking. Any idea what else I can do for her and how long after they are stressed from illness does it take to get their color back? Thanks in advance for your help.

My gosling vomited a lot as a youngster when stressed or just from pure excitement. . .she did eventually outgrow it. . .
Is this goose mostly holding down its food?

You may have squeezed her crop when you picked her up.

Make sure she's eating and pooping normally, acting normally, and all that. If she is, I'll bet she's fine and you just picked her up after she had a big ole drink.

I have a baby gosling. Born on the 10th of June, 09, and she vomited big time tonight. It all started with her drooling bubble like stuff just before dusk adn then I gave her alot of fresh cold water and wipped the stuff from around her bill and then all of the sudden she threw up big time all over the place because she shook her head. After I got cleaned up. She has felt MUCH better! She ate some collards and she stuck her head all the way in the jar that I had water in to drink , and then she ate some oatmeal. She was awfully tired and missed her baby sister gosling and mom and family so after 3 hours or so, I put her back in the coop.

I WILL be cleaning the pen up TOTALLY tommorrow. I couldn't bear to loose my sweet goslings.

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom