2nd chicken sick in a month symptoms are different

Oh boy here we go again, today i found another chicken that was in the coop with my previous one that i had to cull, she had the same symptoms lethargic, not eating not moving walking funny, i checked on her and she was in a corner of the coop not on her perch with her sister, I checked her but and i found this stuck to her feathers, do i have cocci?

Sure won't hurt to treat with Corid. Do you have the powder or liquid? Powder dose is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon, liquid is 2 teaspoons per gallon. Treat for 5-7 days at that level then reduce to 1/3 teaspoon powder per gallon or 1/2 teaspoon liquid per gallon for another week.

Let me know which one you have and I'll post drench directions for the sickest one.

-Kathy

Last edited:
That's shed intestinal lining. I agree with Kathy, get them started on corid right away. It can be found in the cattle section at your feed store.
I'm thinking this might be a result of the report of MG in your birds causing these problems.

Last edited:
This is horrible! this morning i found her dead, it was so quick 3 days ago she was running around with her sister as if nothing was wrong. It took 2 days maybe 2 1/2. Today i bought corid 20% powder I mixed 1/2 a tea spoon in one gallon of water, i will continue making a fresh batch every day for 7 days, Is this correct? Im treating all of them even my 2 month old chicks. Also I cleaned the coop with bleach diluted in water, I sprayed everything from top to bottom even the outside of the coop wood, nest boxes, feed trays, perch, i threw away the oyster shells and grit and replaced with new one.

Last edited:
This is horrible! this morning i found her dead, it was so quick 3 days ago she was running around with her sister as if nothing was wrong. It took 2 days maybe 2 1/2. Today i bought corid 20% powder I mixed 1/2 a tea spoon in one gallon of water, i will continue making a fresh batch every day for 7 days, Is this correct? Im treating all of them even my 2 month old chicks. Also I cleaned the coop with bleach diluted in water, I sprayed everything from top to bottom even the outside of the coop wood, nest boxes, feed trays, perch, i threw away the oyster shells and grit and replaced with new one.
No, the correct dose for the powder is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5-7 days and the FDA and mfg recommend another week using 1/3 teaspoon per gallon.

-Kathy

Okay so i have them all on the right corid doze now. Another chicken started sneezing a couple of days ago, she is in the pen where my first chicken got sick with what i thought was a respiratory disease. Previous to having chickens in there i had rabbits, is it possible that the rabbit urine or poop in the dirt could be getting them sick? I cleaned the coop when i removed the rabbits they only lived there for 2 months.

well I finished the corid treatment and looks like it worked all of my chickens look nice and healthy, i also finished deworming them. I sanitized all my coops with bleach after the first doze of valvazen and again today after the second. I have my fourth chicken that started coughing by herself away from the others and i am treating her with antibiotics, her coughing has been getting better after almost 7 days of treatment. I wan to thank everyone for their quick response and all your valuable information
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom