2nd Generation!

Sparkyfam

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 25, 2012
Fort Campbell, KY
It's been a while (long long long while) since I've posted here, but life has just gotten so crazy! All the chickens in my current flock have been hatched by me! We have a Auracana E.E. Rooster (who pretended he was a she for a good 5 months, even went broody on my next batch of chicks for a while) named Bill (formerly Bella), and a Golden buff Hen named Missy who are the King and Queen of my humble coop. They we have three adolescent chicks that are all currently named Stinker 1,2,3. Why little chicks refuse to sleep in the coop for the first week they are put outside I shall never know...

Anywhoo.... Missy started laying at the beginning of this month, and being the only adult chicken available, she has been on the recieving end of Bills affections more than she cares to. I never thought I'd see the day when a puny little hen jumps at a rooster. I collected the 1st dozen of Missy's eggs and put them in the fridge for us to enjoy, and then I collected 5 eggs to incubate. I'm really hoping I end up with a chick that has Missy's personality and laying production, with Bills coloring.

When I get home today I get to candle for the first time and see if they're fertile and start the rocking!

Wish me Luck!

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom