1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2nd Hen Laying!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hcammack, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My maran hen has laid two eggs this week these are her first eggs and my first eggs from my chickens! [​IMG] they were beautiful and dark brown and tasted really good she laid the first one on April 1st then the second one on April 3rd so I am waiting on her today and my Favorrel hen went in the nest box for 45 min so I said may be we can get two eggs in one day and then she gets up and the egg falls right out of her LOL. It is small and light brown so I am really exited to anounce I have two hens laying but have only gotten one egg in a day so I am waiting for Mrs. Maran to lay today so I can say I got two in one day. I LOVE MY CHICKENS THEY MAKE ME CRAZY THEY ARE THE BEST !

Henry

2. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Congratulations Henry! I'm very happy for you.

3. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    congrats on your hens starting to lay.youll love those fresh eggs.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    They were so good I had one for breakfast on April 2nd and my brother had one on april 5th and my dad is going to have one tommarow morining.

Henry

5. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    AWESOME!!! This is my favorite. when chickens start laying. Many congratulations.

Cassandra

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by