1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2nd home

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ole rooster, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    My GLW has been acting really strange lately. When I feed the treats she's always up front looking for hers. She's been holding back and not stepping up. I also stopped seeing her eggs in the nest and today I think I found out why. I fed meal worms today and she was nowhere to be found. So I figure she's on the nest. I got through and looked in the boxes and nope, she's not there. I start looking around and can't find her anywhere. I thought oh no, something's gotten her while I was inside. Then she shows up for just a minute clucking and just walking around. Then she goes she goes around my shed which is about 12 inches off the ground and went under there, and stayed. I think she's trying to be a mama. I think.[​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    It sure sounds like it!

3. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Cute! Are you gonna let her set?

4. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I'm thinking of leaving her there but I have possum problem. I killed another this morning. I just don't know whether to let "mama hen know best". She's the prettiest one I have and the only GLW. The daddy is a GLW also. I have a dog house I'm making into a brooder but can't decide I whether to use it or not. I surely dont want her hurt. Plus she lays the best looking eggs I get.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by