2nd night in coop

Asharpegg

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2022
Hi! Last night seemed to go so well for their first night in coop. However tonight I went out to check before bed. They are so noisy and sounding unhappy. A few tried to fly to top of coop. I set them on some perches thinking that would help. They are still huddling and making a ruckus. I checked over coop and all was well. Any ideas?

Hi! Last night seemed to go so well for their first night in coop. However tonight I went out to check before bed. They are so noisy and sounding unhappy. A few tried to fly to top of coop. I set them on some perches thinking that would help. They are still huddling and making a ruckus. I checked over coop and all was well. Any ideas?
How old are they? What are your temps? I usually check the temp first, but it could be that they're just unhappy being in an unfamiliar environment.

They will fuss quite a bit until they learn what home is and how to go to bed inside the coop.

I have had to put naughty partiers inside every night for a week or more while they figured things out.

Not roosting is pretty normal at their age. It's not hurting them to still make a chick pile at night.

Back
Top Bottom