2nd PIP!! UPDATE DAY 19 PICS LOOK!

* Re-read that part of her post, cfh-- I'd quote that section for ya, but I don't know how.
sad.png
She did say she does it with eggs that haven't pipped yet though, so, I wouldn't do it with your pipped egg.

Last edited:
If it's anywhere near hatching , like the last two days (and in drawdown) it will very quickly settle in the right position, and you will not be able to keep it in any other position.

If it doesn't do that:

1. it's not far enough along in the hatch
2. it didn't make it
3. it's a malposition.....usually upside down

how's the hatch going?

Positioning the eggs in a certain way might be helpful but it will soon become irrelevant and not worth this much worry. Once the chicks start to hatch they will be bowling those eggs all around in there- every direction, every position. They will all be fine. I sometimes do hatch mine tilted up in an egg carton but that is not to say that eveyone should do the same. The fact is, these eggs usually wind up hatching just fine despite what we do to them rather than because of what we do to them.

Richard

Very good points Richard!

I would just add that they will be fine as long as we don't intervene where intervention isn't necessary.

One of the most difficult things to accomplish when new at hatching is to keep your cotton picking hands off the egg and let nature do it's thing.
smile.png

OH! Second one pipped! Its a small egg. light brown and about half the size of the blue one. (Easter egg)
jumpy.gif

I can hear them peeping inside the eggs. Although I can't tell which egg its coming from. Some are very loud! WOW!

I don't know what I'm getting since my neighbor pulled them from around his yard. He has barred rock, americauna, guinneas, and turkeys.
pop.gif

THANKS
frow.gif

Working on posting some pics. I wish there was a better way than photobucket.
old.gif
It is really long and clumsy. Cut and paste is too easy I guess!

Back
Top Bottom