2nd time lucky??

Ellie1982

Chirping
Aug 17, 2022
Hi đź‘‹

I posted a while ago when my previous incubator broke and resulted in me loosing the 2 duck eggs that were on day 25&28!

I took all of your advice on board (thank you) and got a brinsea incubator.

I have 4 Indian runners that are now on day 28 and last night 2 of the eggs started moving! Does this mean they are getting ready to hatch?
After last time I’m trying not to get too excited, but it’s fascinating to watch!

The humidity has been raised, no turning etc and they look like they are doing great..I was just wondering how long from the point of seeing them wiggle that it takes to hatch?

Ellie xx

Hi đź‘‹

I posted a while ago when my previous incubator broke and resulted in me loosing the 2 duck eggs that were on day 25&28!

I took all of your advice on board (thank you) and got a brinsea incubator.

I have 4 Indian runners that are now on day 28 and last night 2 of the eggs started moving! Does this mean they are getting ready to hatch?
After last time I’m trying not to get too excited, but it’s fascinating to watch!

The humidity has been raised, no turning etc and they look like they are doing great..I was just wondering how long from the point of seeing them wiggle that it takes to hatch?

Ellie xx
Depends
I have had mine hatch as early as day 25 and as late as day 30
Usually the wiggling in them getting into position or trying to pip
When is the last time you candled them? I check mine until I see an external pip so I know exactly when they internal then I can watch yo make sure they make the external on time

I candled them earlier to check for internal pip, one has! The others are still moving :)
It’s day 28 though and no sign of external pip! Waiting game now I guess xx

Thats
I candled them earlier to check for internal pip, one has! The others are still moving :)
It’s day 28 though and no sign of external pip! Waiting game now I guess xx
that’s exciting
Don’t stress about the day 28 thing
They go at their own pace
I’m sure the others will hear that baby making noise and get them going

So it’s day 30 (just) and the eggs are still moving but no sign of hatching yet! Is this normal? I’m getting worried now. Xx

Back
Top Bottom