2nd try.. This time my button quail are hatching... Ya..

Sunny the Hippie Chick

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Brookings Oregon
I have 2 all the way out.. Their parents are a tuxedo pair.. One baby looks like it will be a tuxedo. The other is pure bright yellow.. Im thinking a white one. But that one isnt very active and the other one is.. I believe this is the first white this pair has produced, according to the owner of the parents.. And one of my eggs from my silver pair is half way out, but having a tough time.. No touching, I know.. It appears it will be a silver too.. If it survives..

How long should I wait before I think the rest of the eggs are duds. I see no more pips.. But these guys seem to pip and zip real fast..

Sorry no pictures yet.. I was starting to take pictures and the darn battery died. Have to recharge it.. But dont worry I will post some..

Ya... I have the hard to get tuxedo button quail.. That is if it feathers out like one..
fl.gif
Now to keep them alive..

Last edited:
Yeah, I would also say at least 3 days. Mine have always seemed to hatch within a 3 day span, but you never know! It's better to wait and see, than jump the gun and miss out.

you two ladies have some weird incubators! LOL! mine must evenly heat better. If they dont hatch out within 12 hours of eachother every other egg left is a dud or has DOAs inside. Unless God just pitties me and knows how impacient i am
lau.gif

Mine may sit pipped for awhile but I've never had quail or chickens hatch more than 24hrs after the rest and survive. I start checking eggs by the next day so I can get the hatcher cleaned up for the next batch.

Where did you get the tuxedo buttons?

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with them dieing only ever lost one baby and it was three days old not sure where it was in the hatch it was in. I think it has to do with the cool spots in the bator. Buttons tend to hatch on day 16 but can take up to 18 and still be in the standard time if heat drops at all in the incubator the hatch can take longer too. There are a lot of factors out there. I for one would rather be safe then sorry cuz I pitched a live baby

Back
Top Bottom