2yr old chicken loose poo

Did she ever have problems building a strong eggshell?

You can give her a
daily tablet of calcium citrate 600+D3 to help expel any residues of possible shell-less eggs or accumulated infectious material.
It would also help with building proper eggshells again. Adding a bit of vitamin C will help with the uptake.
You can give her the extra calcium for 7-10 consecutive days and see if it helps.
Thank you. I'm wondering if I feed her a small bit of yogurt daily with ground up eggshells if that would work or help? What are your thoughts?

Sorry I forgot to respond, she used to give us jumbo strong eggs.

Thank you. I'm wondering if I feed her a small bit of yogurt daily with ground up eggshells if that would work or help? What are your thoughts?
You can try it, but it might just not be enough and the vitamin D3 and additional C would still be missing.

Thank you. Would you have a brand you'd recommend or use please?
You can use any brand for humans, almost all grocery stores will carry them in their supplements/vitamins aisle. Preferably calcium citrate 600 +D3 and add a little vitamin C (ascorbic acid) to her water. Or feed her some apple to help with the uptake.

You can try it, but it might just not be enough and the vitamin D3 and additional C would still be missing.
These are the only two vitamin C’s I have on hand at the moment. I can goto the store tomorrow and find what you recommended. I’m hoping to get this under control before my surgery on Friday. 😥
Did she ever have problems building a strong eggshell?

You can give her a
daily tablet of calcium citrate 600+D3 to help expel any residues of possible shell-less eggs or accumulated infectious material.
It would also help with building proper eggshells again. Adding a bit of vitamin C will help with the uptake.
You can give her the extra calcium for 7-10 consecutive days and see if it helps.
How many days should I give her the calcium citrate 600+D3 please?

Attachments

• IMG_8040.jpeg
    IMG_8040.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8041.jpeg
    IMG_8041.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 1
These are the only two vitamin C’s I have on hand at the moment. I can goto the store tomorrow and find what you recommended. I’m hoping to get this under control before my surgery on Friday. 😥

How many days should I give her the calcium citrate 600+D3 please?
Just a pinch of ascorbic acid or feed her some apple.

For how long will you be gone?

Try to deworm her using one of the above mentioned dewormers to make sure there are no internal parasites depriving her of nutrients or even obstructing intestines and/or oviduct.

After deworming you can feed her/all your chickens Moro carrot soup to help restore a healthy gut balance.

Just a pinch of ascorbic acid or feed her some apple.

For how long will you be gone?

Try to deworm her using one of the above mentioned dewormers to make sure there are no internal parasites depriving her of nutrients or even obstructing intestines and/or oviduct.

After deworming you can feed her/all your chickens Moro carrot soup to help restore a healthy gut balance.
I will try that then. I have surgery on Friday, but I won’t be able to walk outside for a few weeks. My husband will have to do everything on his own. I’ve never heard of Moro carrot soup.

Back
Top Bottom