2yr old white leghorn hen with eggs laying issues

May 26, 2021
I have a 2 yr old white leghorn who recenyt started having some abnormal eggs.. one day she will lay an egg that has calcium spots on it which I have read is from too much calcium and the very next day she will lay an egg that has a soft shell which I have read is from not enough calcium in the diet.. she is making a bunch of whimpering noises and it's taking her 3 or 4 hours to lay everyday.. her food is an organic layer crumble feed non GMO and I always give her oyster shell on the side fresh water and grit. I do give her some my table scraps .. any advice would be appreciated.. thank you
IMG_20210525_225607.jpg
IMG_20210525_225624__01.jpg

I have a 2 yr old white leghorn who recenyt started having some abnormal eggs.. one day she will lay an egg that has calcium spots on it which I have read is from too much calcium and the very next day she will lay an egg that has a soft shell which I have read is from not enough calcium in the diet.. she is making a bunch of whimpering noises and it's taking her 3 or 4 hours to lay everyday.. her food is an organic layer crumble feed non GMO and I always give her oyster shell on the side fresh water and grit. I do give her some my table scraps .. any advice would be appreciated.. thank you View attachment 2689146View attachment 2689147

I have a White Leghorn that consistently lays thin shell eggs. She always has even though the birds get oyster shells. Grit it only needed if they get grains and seeds in their diet. The birds don't have teeth to grind it so the grit does it. I do give my birds grit but I also give them some grains and seeds as treats. I do sell my eggs so hers I keep out and I eat them. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom