3/4 Week Old Khaki Campbell Feeding Advice

NewDuckGuy72

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
I have 5 Khaki Campbell Ducklings that will be turning 4 weeks old on Monday. They currently are eating Manna Pro Duck Starter/Grower 22% Protein. I was scared of them getting angel wing, so I mixed in some oats with their feed. They are about done with the 8 pound bag (I bought two of them), and I’m wondering if I should buy another starter/grower, or move them to something else. Fast replies are appreciated because I would like to buy food today, especially if I’m ordering online.

I have 5 Khaki Campbell Ducklings that will be turning 4 weeks old on Monday. They currently are eating Manna Pro Duck Starter/Grower 22% Protein. I was scared of them getting angel wing, so I mixed in some oats with their feed. They are about done with the 8 pound bag (I bought two of them), and I’m wondering if I should buy another starter/grower, or move them to something else. Fast replies are appreciated because I would like to buy food today, especially if I’m ordering online.

You'd be better of getting something like All Flock Feed, or Purnia Rasier Feed which can be fed from hatch to death, just provide calcium once they are at Point of Lay. They come in 40lb bags too, so you won't have to pay so much for a tiny bag.

You'd be better of getting something like All Flock Feed, or Purnia Rasier Feed which can be fed from hatch to death, just provide calcium once they are at Point of Lay. They come in 40lb bags too, so you won't have to pay so much for a tiny bag.
I just picked up a 50 lb bag of 20% Flock Maker. It can be fed to laying age. Bought it for 13 bucks at my local feed store. Talked to a lady there and she said she switches everyone over to layer pellets once they begin to lay.

I just picked up a 50 lb bag of 20% Flock Maker. It can be fed to laying age. Bought it for 13 bucks at my local feed store. Talked to a lady there and she said she switches everyone over to layer pellets once they begin to lay.

Ok, that's your choice, but males don't need the calcium in layer feed so there is a chance of liver damage if fed layer feed for a long enough period of time.

And if she is talking about Layer Pellets for Chickens, the niacin content is intended for chickens, not for ducks, so leg problems may occur.

Ok, that's your choice, but males don't need the calcium in layer feed so there is a chance of liver damage if fed layer feed for a long enough period of time.

And if she is talking about Layer Pellets for Chickens, the niacin content is intended for chickens, not for ducks, so leg problems may occur.
The layer pellets are made for ducks. She said she raised Khaki Campbell’s so I trust her. Any advice from you guys would be appreciated tho!

They could have Purina duck pellets too which are also from hatch through life. Tractor Supply has them. If you order on amazon you will pay $48 for the same bag you can get at tractor supply for $16.99
The local feed store sells them for halfthe price. Im actually mad at myself for shopping at TRactor supply. I can go to my local feed store and get everything wayyy cheaper, plus im supporting a local buisness.

Back
Top Bottom