3.5 week easter egger

Had to share as an itty bitty because he, or maybe she, was just about the most adorable chick ever!
20191121_115409.jpg
20191121_122409.jpg
20191120_072742.jpg

Wow, that is a beautiful EE, both as a chick and a teen! I cant wait to see the adult feathering. Please update us with pics when the adult feathers come in!

As for gender, I think we need another few weeks to know for sure. Right now, it's hard to tell, but I'd lean only slightly to pullet.

Wow, that is a beautiful EE, both as a chick and a teen! I cant wait to see the adult feathering. Please update us with pics when the adult feathers come in!

As for gender, I think we need another few weeks to know for sure. Right now, it's hard to tell, but I'd lean only slightly to pullet.

Agreed. It’s too young to sex. Repost with new pics in a couple of weeks. I don’t see anything indicating it’s colouring is male, I’ve seen other ‘easter egger’ pullets with similar colouring.

So, the uneven, "blocky" coloring, at this age, isn't indicative? Only after the juvenile molt? All my past EE'S have been pullets, and obviously so.

Maybe it's not showing up well. In person, the upper wing feathers are coming in pretty white with black edging at the end. Rather than the more evenly, lacy pattern I have seen on pullets.

Maybe it's not showing up well. In person, the upper wing feathers are coming in pretty white with black edging at the end. Rather than the more evenly, lacy pattern I have seen on pullets.

They’re not pure breeds, and with no standard for colour they can come out any which way. Update in a couple of weeks and it should be clear by then.

Back
Top Bottom