3.6 months old chicks not leaving hen

Nov 26, 2021
Hello! I have three 3.6 month old chicks who aren’t leaving alone their mother.
She has been laying eggs for a while and sometimes pecks them but they just won’t leave her alone. The chicks are two hens and a cockerel, the cockerel is starting to mount hens but he isn’t crowing yet. The chicks aren’t making chick noises anymore and the hen never calls them to her.
I’ve tried putting the hen in a cage for a day but that did nothing, would’ve put her in for longer but she was lonely even after I put in another hen

Hello! I have three 3.6 month old chicks who aren’t leaving alone their mother.
She has been laying eggs for a while and sometimes pecks them but they just won’t leave her alone. The chicks are two hens and a cockerel, the cockerel is starting to mount hens but he isn’t crowing yet. The chicks aren’t making chick noises anymore and the hen never calls them to her.
I’ve tried putting the hen in a cage for a day but that did nothing, would’ve put her in for longer but she was lonely even after I put in another hen

She'll wean them when she's ready.

Some hens and chicks can hold on to there offspring for longer than the average amount, it shouldn't cause problems. why would you like to spereate them, for selling or something?
I don’t have any need really to separate them. I just thought that I should maybe try do something because she is getting a bit skinnier and other chicks in the past left earlier

Back
Top Bottom