3 8-Month-Old Laying Hens Need a Home, Central Florida

Alys

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 13, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Due to our unplanned relocation, my three pet ladies need a new home. They are a Gold Star, a Barred Rock and a Black Australorp. Great girls, but I can't take them with me back to Canada!

Post where you are so people know if they are close. And look in the where am iI where are you section and see if there is a thread on your state and post there

I'm in Southwest Orlando, basically at Apopka-Vineland Rd and Old Winter Garden Rd, so just a hop and a skip from you, FloridaGirl.

Here's some pics from the rogues' gallery:

Cinnamon (Gold Star / Red Sex-Link) on the left is an egg laying machine who gives me a large, thick-shelled brown egg nearly 7 days a week. She is the dominant of the group and will try to boss people if given the opportunity. She respects human authority if pushed out of the way, though, and is (unequivocally) my favorite. She chats with me quietly and loves hanging out.
Pepper (Barred Rock) is the senior girl (by 4 weeks) and likes to think she's the boss. Cinnamon always puts her in her place though, LOL She's a very chatty girl and I can usually find them by listening for her whistles. She gives me 5-6 medium eggs a week.

Chocolate (Australorp) was sold as a Black Sex Link, so turned out to be poorly named. She's also really hard to get a good photo of because she's black and shiny. She has black legs and dark brown eyes and the softest feathers! She reflects green and purple and her feathers are longer than the other two girls', so she's my fluff-ball. She gives me about 4 eggs a week and is the official "Keeper of The Eggs." If there's an egg in the nest ( they all share 1 of the three boxes), Chocolate will be sitting on it.

They're all very personable and human-oriented. They free-range in my backyard during the day. They are consummate lizard hunters!

I need to have a home for them by the 19th of July.

What Dolls! Theyre gorgeous! Well I am about to upsize my coop and run. And My RIR girl, Ginger, would Love some new roomies! I will have to kick the construction into high gear! I am Very seriously interested and I believe I can get this project complete before the 19th. I hope you consider me in your search for a new home for your gals! PM me, if you pick me :D

Hello, I am responding to your 3 hens needing a home. We are new to having chickens. My girlfriend got some baby chicks from an elementary school at Easter and we had our pick out of 12, we took 5. 4 of them have turned out to be roosters. Not what I had planned. I wanted hens and eggs! Who knew? We have found great homes for them all except one, he just started crowing this am. seriously? They are so friendly and are our pets. This is what interested me to your ad, we are looking for sweet pets that lay eggs. So, rather than take another chance on raising them from babies, getting attached and finding out they are roosters.. ugh, your ad sounds great. As long as you are sure they are NOT crowing. If we had lots of land I would have them but we have neighbors. My husband just finished building a beautiful house for them, yesterday. Where do you live? You can call me at 321-474-6119 thanks We can come get them today. We are ready!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom