3 adult ducks , can they adjust?

Thanks for all your comments, I just love all three of them. I am separating them at night for 6 weeks now and made a hole for them to look at each other at night and talk. The big drake still chases Mindy, but they seem to be getting along better. I am having more trouble with purchasing premium pine flakes for their bedding, the circus cleaned us all out at tractore supply in Port Char
How are they doing? Any improvement?
All tree are getting along better though, The big drake still chases Mindy but they seem to like each other, the big drake goes into her side every morning to clean up the rest of her food and I have been putting all three in the water every morning because they were really treated as chickens because of the lack of water resourses when we rehomed them. They seem to be intelligent in making their way to the food and going into their bedding areas at night. I am still keeping them separed and interacting with each daily. The smaller other drake scents me along my arm just like Mindy does, I think they are putting their scent on you and like you when they do that. But for now, they are learning to get along and the best part is they do not bite humans and obey when you call their name, the lady who raised them treated them like her babies, they have good dispositions and are mellow

Thanks for all your comments, I just love all three of them. I am separating them at night for 6 weeks now and made a hole for them to look at each other at night and talk. The big drake still chases Mindy, but they seem to be getting along better. I am having more trouble with purchasing premium pine flakes for their bedding, the circus cleaned us all out at tractore supply in Port Char

All tree are getting along better though, The big drake still chases Mindy but they seem to like each other, the big drake goes into her side every morning to clean up the rest of her food and I have been putting all three in the water every morning because they were really treated as chickens because of the lack of water resourses when we rehomed them. They seem to be intelligent in making their way to the food and going into their bedding areas at night. I am still keeping them separed and interacting with each daily. The smaller other drake scents me along my arm just like Mindy does, I think they are putting their scent on you and like you when they do that. But for now, they are learning to get along and the best part is they do not bite humans and obey when you call their name, the lady who raised them treated them like her babies, they have good dispositions and are mellow
My biggest problem is finding big flake for their bedding since the circus came to town in Port Charlotte, Florida we have been using fine flake which is for small rodents and is terrible, any suggestions for bedding?

You could switch to straw for the time being until you can get shavings again it’s better than nothing
Thanks, I put a half of a pet pad down and put the fine shavings on top so they do not fall through the cracks or holes in the cage . It works for the mean time until they get the large shavings..... The 3 are getting along so much better, we just have one jealous one...I guess that is in every species

Back
Top Bottom