3 already dead another sick...Don't know what to do. HELP!!!

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
iv lost 3 chickens already, They show no signs of sickness fine one day dead the next. I have lost 2 hens and a roo. No signs of anything. Today I noticed one of my hens just sitting in her run I went in and picked her up and put her on her feet and she fell back down. Its like she has no controll of her legs. I gave her some water with some sulmet and she drank well and even ate. Has a nice full crop. Clear alert eyes she just cannot stand up. I just lost one of my roosters yesterday and I dont know what to do all my chickens have been wormed. They did however while free ranging drink some rain water in a bucket that had been there for weeks.? idk what to do im losing my chickens and have no way to know whats going on. not even weird poo's can somone help me?

Small town...No vet around open
sad.png

I also thought it sounded like Cocci.

I gave her some sulmet...

sad.png

marek's disease also comes to mind. any excessive drinking of water? does her crop feel full of food?

Yes her crop does feel full of food and not an unnormal drinking of water no. Just normal...?

Also wanted to add: She is sitting all puffed up with her wings droopy.

Last edited:
how's your chickie doing?

I just noticed we live in the same town. I'd like to see some of your birds, I've been saying I want to incubate some eggs and that I'd like some silkies
big_smile.png

Hopefully you're get your birdies feeling better and maybe we can talk some eggs later on when I'm ready to incubate
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom