1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3 day old chick falls and is unable to get back up.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommyto3kidos, Mar 11, 2013.

1. mommyto3kidos

mommyto3kidos New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    I hatched some eggs a few days ago and got 3 beautiful chicks. One of them had trouble walking but can now walk, stand and run. After a while, it falls over or another chick knocks it over and it is unable to get back up. It just lays on it's back peeping up a storm. It's head is in a normal position so it doesn't seem like wry neck. Any suggestions as to what I can or should be doing. I do not have very much experience with chicks other than the ones that I have purchased from the feed store in the past years. Thanks for any help!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've had a few that have been wobbly out of the incubator. I'd have to flip them over a few times the first couple of days, but they eventually get their "sea legs" (er, brooder legs, chicken legs?). Hopefully that's all that's going on and it'll right itself. Sorry, don't think I've been much help!
    Nikki

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by