3 Day old chick, VERY sick,,,what do I do??

Chickadee93

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
PA
I have a little peep that I hatched out, he was fine till yesterday night when he started laying down and when I tried to pick him up he peeped REALLY loud and continously obviously in distress...and today there is mucus in his mouth and I can hear click-y breathing, also closed eyes. He's just been sitting around, I don't want him to die is there anything I can do??

oh i'm sorry but that is the only problem my chicks have ever have so all i can suggest is looking it up, i'm sorry that your chick is illl :hugs

oh i'm sorry but that is the only problem my chicks have ever have so all i can suggest is looking it up, i'm sorry that your chick is illl
hugs.gif
All the others are fine it's really odd...his feet also seem stiff don't know if that has anything to do with it..

i looked it up and you can give him/her sugar water for some energy and mashed up chick starter if he isn't eating you just take the mashed up food and kind of spread it on his beak good luck i hope your little chick makes it :fl

K I gave him the sugar water thru an eye dropper, still really bad tho. Anyone know what this is can I get meds for it?

Do you have any antibiotic that you can give the chick?

I had one with similar symptoms including the clicking noise - sadly mine didn't make it despite everything I did to help it, sometimes these things happen despite all the care we can give them.

I wish you and your chick good luck!

Suzie

Back
Top Bottom