3 day old quails trying to scratch bottom

Do you have a feed or farm store near you? They should seel a proper chick starter or gamebird starter. That is all they need, but you will need a bag of chick grit if you feed them any other things. Pick up a feeder and 1 gallon waterer, heat lamp and bulb while you are at it. If you have a cheap thermometer, place it on the floor of the brooder to keep the temperature at a steady number for their age.

They can eat to much sand, which can cause impacted crop. It should be very small pebbles. Again a feed store should sell it, or you may find some small pebbles or rocks outside. It has to be smaller than regular grit. The feed is the most important thing. It is cheaper in the long run, since they don’t need anything else or even grit until they are out on grass or getting foods in addition to feed. A chick starter or gamebird starter has all of the balanced nutrients, protein, vitamins and minerals for healthy legs, egg laying later, and general good health.

I'm in Alberta Canada. We have UFA and Co-op here. At the co-op, I can get 24% pre chick starter and at UFA I can get 21% starter.

We have farm stores in Canada, just not the ones mentioned most often on BYC, Tractor Supply doesn't exist here.
what are some farming stores in Canada? also, could I potentially get the food and grit in a pet store?

Back
Top Bottom