3 day old silkie can't walk PLZ HELP! anyone?

sunket77

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Texas Hill Country!
I have a three day old silkie chick that can't walk. It keeps both it's legs tucked in. After some research it seems to be a slipped tendon, I hope, b/c it's one of the hopeful issues. I tried the method of stretching it out, it screams in pain. I tried several times but it doesn't seem to be helping, I feel like I am only hurting it hit this is on top of another set of chicks with coccidiosis and the loss of a duckling

hit.gif

I really want to help it hide anyone have any ideas?
I am just not sure if I am supposed to see a big difference after stretching or not. Poor thing got soaking wet last night when the water got pine chips in it and it soaked the whole brooder, that stuff is like toilet paper!

I have taken some larger size bandaids and made a splint on both legs to kind of keep them more strait. Not sure if that is what I am supposed to do! also, I realized there is some swelling and a small tear on one of the legs. I am giving it some chick vitamins w/ extra vitamin B complex added with a dropper to make sure it's drinking and taking in the vitamins.

If anyone has anymore advice that would be great!! I am not ready to give up on it yet.
fl.gif

like I said I am not sure keeping the legs more strait is what I should do, it really looks like slipped tendon it fits the description to a T!

I had accidentally posted this in raising chicks so I just moved it, I wasn't paying attention to where I was

Last edited:
it's not wanting to eat now I have been giving it water and vitamins with a dropper and gave it some egg, I had to put it in it's mouth....
I guess they are going to have to cull it
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

unless there is anyone out there that can hep???

Back
Top Bottom