3 day old vomiting!

duckins

Songster
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
Gladys, Va
Just got some more babies today from metzers I have 2 wk old runners and wanted a few more so they would be close in age. They have been fine all day but I think they are going to the extreme with their water all my other ducklings didn't seem this nuts over feed and water not this early anyway. Tonight we picked up 1 of the blue sweds and she vomited clear bubbly liquid thick thought maybe she got nervous later checked on them a different one was sitting with same color vomit so I think it was a different one this time is something wrong or have they overdone their tummies their on non med chick starter moistened plain water first half of day then switched them to a electro mix by sav a chic temp is good and they are active. Just really paranoid after loosing a runner duckling 2 wks ago. Searched threads found nothing on a duckling this young.

Sorry I have never seen any chick vomit. My guess is that if everything otherwise looks ok, then it probly is ok. I do think if they just arrived thru the mail, you might be seeing some stress effects... But again, that's just a guess. I have never mail ordered ducks. Regardless, I hope someone gets on who can offer better advice, and I hope your duckling is feeling better soon. I like Sav-a-Chick.

Back
Top Bottom