3 day old vomiting!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckins, Feb 13, 2013.

1. duckins

duckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Gladys, Va
    Just got some more babies today from metzers I have 2 wk old runners and wanted a few more so they would be close in age. They have been fine all day but I think they are going to the extreme with their water all my other ducklings didn't seem this nuts over feed and water not this early anyway. Tonight we picked up 1 of the blue sweds and she vomited clear bubbly liquid thick thought maybe she got nervous later checked on them a different one was sitting with same color vomit so I think it was a different one this time is something wrong or have they overdone their tummies their on non med chick starter moistened plain water first half of day then switched them to a electro mix by sav a chic temp is good and they are active. Just really paranoid after loosing a runner duckling 2 wks ago. Searched threads found nothing on a duckling this young.

2. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Sorry I have never seen any chick vomit. My guess is that if everything otherwise looks ok, then it probly is ok. I do think if they just arrived thru the mail, you might be seeing some stress effects... But again, that's just a guess. I have never mail ordered ducks. Regardless, I hope someone gets on who can offer better advice, and I hope your duckling is feeling better soon. I like Sav-a-Chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by