3 days from pip to hatch--question

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
I don't know if she's going to make it or not, but I had to give it a shot.

This one pipped and partially zipped on Thursday nite. I went to toss it yesterday, but it was peeping away again. Back in the bator it went.

This morning it was still showing no progress but still peeping. I chipped away the rest of the zip and moistened the membrane so she could come out.

So far so good. She's in the brooder drying out and napping--Nice sized chick and I'm hoping she'll be OK.

Question--after hatching out do they rest while drying or should she be up and about?

Thanks a bunch!

Mine have always rested. It depends on the chick and how difficult the hatch was, the amount of time they rest. I have had a couple rest about 30 minutes (rare, for me anyway) and have had some rest for hours(had one rest for 6 hrs). They sleep most of the time anyway, so when they do get active they are still like a narcoleptic
tongue.png
they will just stop and sleep. I have quite a few that fall asleep standing. Good luck!
Krista

Depends how hard it was for them to come out. I had one yesterday just pop right out of it's egg and go running around the incubator. It even managed to shove the entire carton sideways. I removed it before it was dry because it was getting a bit wild in there. Then I had one kinda like yours that pipped 48hrs ago, zipped part way last night, and was stuck all night. This morning it was still trying to push off the top of the egg without zipping the rest of the way so I just lifted the end off and it pushed out. It's still sleeping right now. Most of the rest ranged somewhere in between.

Thanks, guys.

She seem to be just fine today. Doing all the little chickie things.
love.gif

She's almost double the size of the frizzles that hatched earlier--plus shes blonde and they're dark/grey.

They are so cute together!

Back
Top Bottom