3 days old baby turkeys feet

Kitty86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
I finally had another baby turkey.. Its about 3 days old hatched on its own but was a day early.. at first with it being on the wire in the incubator to finishing drying before i moved it i didn't noticed anything wrong.. was up moving around like normal and all.. well i put him on shavings and noticed today he was walking funny. i looked and he walks with his toes curled up ! will it grow out of this is what can i do? hes got spots rubed raw on what are the tops of his toes.. i took out the shavings and have him on a soft rag.

did the boot things and now he just refusing to walk :/ he was up running around till i splinted his toes. i went ahead and took them off tonight and all hes doing now is just laying around.. he does chirp.. :/ i guess me and raising turkeys was not a good idea.. 10 eggs 2 hatched and 1 died and then one isnt doing very good

Don't give up that soon.
It took me over three dozen eggs before I first had one hatch when i first started.

yeah .. just makes me so sad :( my ducks and chickens are doing great! the lil turkey did die this morning.. they seem to only live a few days then die :(.. i do have another one hatching right now.. had one hatch the other day but died half out of its shell

Well had another turkey hatch today and yip 1 foot the toes are curled up .. this time it is just on one foot not both.. Could this be something genetic with the parents?

Had one hatch outside under the turkey and it was fun.. its in better shap then any of the ones thats hatched in the house!

Last edited:
well the parents i bought full grown from other people.. the 2 that the hen has hatched out was fine.. i fixed the toes on the one and then a few days later after he was walking good i put him out there and the hen took him in as well. but got to watching to day and his outside toe as curled back up.. the temp stays at 99 my humidity i am having a problem keeping steady.. i had another turkey half way hatch tonight.. got the shell broke all the way around but never pushed out before it died.. i am thinking next year I'm just going to let the hens to it..

Back
Top Bottom