3 days on Corid and they are still dying...15 days old all but 2 and they sick

Kathy Judson

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 14, 2014
Monrovia, CA
and now the 8 day old chicks are getting that foul spelling mustard color (or some with red spots) poop (in a different brooder)
Could it be something else? I live in Monrovia CA (near Los Angeles) and the vets around here do not see chicks,,,
What should I do next?

They are lethargic, fluffed out, droopy wings, and dehydrated - losing weight and not growing anymore.

Last edited:
and now the 8 day old chicks are getting that foul spelling mustard color (or some with red spots) poop (in a different brooder)
Could it be something else?  I live in Monrovia CA (near Los Angeles) and the vets around here do not see chicks,,,
What should I do next?

They are lethargic, fluffed out, droopy wings, and dehydrated - losing weight and not growing anymore.

You need to put drops of the medication directly into the beak , just to be sure they are getting it into their system.

Now one of them is still looking wimpy but the other ones are better. The wimpy one keeps stretching her neck and opening her mouth (almost like a giant yawn)....Any idea?

Now one of them is still looking wimpy but the other ones are better.  The wimpy one keeps stretching her neck and opening her mouth (almost like a giant yawn)....Any idea?

Just be very careful when administering directly into the beak. It is all too easy to aspirate a chick.
Just a drop at a time, give it time to swallow before the next drop.

So if she did aspirate it would she be stretching and yawning her mouth like that? I have been doing little drops but it is a syringe type and so maybe it came out too fast (?)

Back
Top Bottom