3 Egg Incubator

Any feedstore should have either of the small styrofoam bators. You can also find them at every poultry supply and hatchery site on the web along with amazon.com and similar all purpose sites. They really aren't hard to find. The most common incubators out there.

Quote:
I *threw away* my money on a little R-com mini (though I did get a great deal on it) and I love it! I was able to watch every stage of development and share the experience with my 4yo son--without having to worry about a larger styrofoam incubator. I love the small, self-contained unit, it sat next to my computer so I could keep an eye on the eggs and hatching chicks, all in less than one square foot of space. Plus, I don*t live on acreage nor do I want to hatch dozens of chicks and not be able to re-home them so three at a time is perfect for me! Sure, if I made my living, or was even looking to make pocket change, from hatching chicks I certainly wouldn*t have bought this little 3 egg model, but for someone just looking to experience the joy of an occasional hatch and raise a couple of city or backyard chickens I would highly recommend the R-com mini!

If you have more than 6" of counter space a hovabator still makes more sense no matter how few you want to try to hatch. Plus if your buying shipped eggs a hatch of 50% is average. 50% of 3 could leave you with 1 lonely chick. I would never suggest only hatching 3 eggs even if you only want 2 or 3 hens. Lone chicks don't do well. Your best off hatching extras and selling or giving away the extra chicks.

I found the small incubator a waste of money. I tried it twice with no luck at all. Nothing. I went bought a Styrofoam incubator with an egg turner. I have not had any viable eggs yet. I think they froze before they got here. My fault. I have 12 more eggs coming next week. I just want one to hatch. Anything.

Back
Top Bottom