<3 Febuary 15th Hatch <3 ?*?*? Whose With Me ?*?*?

Two batchs of coturnix. First due the 13th and 2nd due the 16th
smile.png

AC

Last edited:
Well I got a surprise this morning. Woke up @ 5 to LOUD peepin in the bator. Id been hearing muffled peeps for a day or 2 & thought nothin of it
roll.png
. Well I look through the windows & I see a few pips & an almost complete zip with a foot stickin out
th.gif
. First thing that comes to mind is OH S***, so I very quickly locked down the bator & wasnt able to go back to sleep cuz of the loud peepin lol. Later I had to help the little zipper out cuz he couldnt do anything since his leg was out... and then my bator failed
rant.gif
. The heat disk thing came lose & the temp went screwy so I had to open the bator again & fix the darn thing which took at least 10 minuted
barnie.gif
. Then later on the temp went up to 104
hit.gif
th.gif
& I had to fix that. Now the temp is stable & I have a few more pips but none of the other pippers have done much besides slightly crack their eggs a little bit more. Thankfully I can see movement & most look promising. Not sure why this guy hatched so early but I think the rest of his amigos will join him either tomorrow or on time.

I have 5 Seramas due tomorrow. I'm one day late. lol
smile.png

BWQL - When did you set your Button eggs? I set my Serama eggs January, 27th and they take 18+ days, buttons take 16 days. Unless you set them around the same time I did I doubt your dates are right...
hu.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the losses
sad.png
Glad to hear you've got some peeps on the way! I haven't heard a thing... should I be worried?

6 of the eggs are set to hatch Tuesday and 2 are set for Wednesday. They were 24 hours apart going into the incubator which I figured would be alright but I don't really know... this is my first time..

Might have a few Valentines coturnix!!!
love.gif
Just 50 minutes ago 2 were out and just checked and 2 more were out
love.gif
love.gif
4 out and 5 to go for this batch!

AC

Also just set today 25 SERAMA eggs under 3 of my broodies
th.gif

I have 8 due today I hope and one that just hatched 10 minutes ago!!! They are red sex links. This one just could not wait to get out of that egg! S/he had pipped a hole in the egg. I left the house for an hour and a half, when I came home it was half unzipped. Then I swear it just decided, enough was enough and it exploded out of the egg! Then if that wasn't enough, it laid there for a moment and kicked the rest half way across the incubator. Clearly it was tired of that egg. Unfortunately I tried the toilet paper roll technique that was talked about here the other day. I did it because I live in an extremely old house with lopsided floors. I was tired of the eggs rolling around when I tried to turn them. The roll worked at first but then it was caught around the chicks bum and under his/her wings. I must confess I opened the bator for at most 2 seconds. I opened it, pulled the ring off, shut it. Humidity appears to be the same and I think we're alright. I have one more pipping right now!

I am so pumped! This little chick is so strong!

Back
Top Bottom