3 hens, what breeds?

NutMeg could be either a partridge rock or a barnevelder, Chile could be Rhode Island red or maybe a buckeye, and penny could be a mix. All very pretty
Thank you! I agree with partridge rock. Thats what I was thinking about
Chile looks like what Hoover's calls a Cinnamon Queen, a production mix between RIR and SLW
Thank you!
Chile is a Cinnamon Queen, Nutmeg is a Partridge Rock, and your little BC is possibly birchen, though to me she just looks like she came from a mixed color pen and has leakage.
Yeah, I'm not surprised that Penny is a mix. We got her from someone who also gave us some project birds so its entirely possible that she got mixed up. (The same person also gave us a "black cochin" who actually turned out to be a rooster with birchen-laced coloring and almost clean legs, named Midnight. And then also a "white cochin" who ended up with the same body shape and feathering as Midnight but a lavender splash, named Sprinkles. Though you can just BARELY see the lavender. I'll get pictures of them tomorrow)

Anyways, thank you to all for your help! 😊

This is Chile, I honestly have no idea what she is. She's very friendly and lets me pick her up with no issues
View attachment 2960900View attachment 2960902View attachment 2960903View attachment 2960905
Next is Nutmeg. I think she may be a partridge something perhaps? She doesn't like to be picked up at ALL
View attachment 2960916View attachment 2960922View attachment 2960926View attachment 2960929View attachment 2960930
And finally, Penny! Penny is really tiny. She was sold to us as a chick as a black bantam Cochin, but she has silver lacing on her neck and head plus her body seems really sleek for a Cochin. View attachment 2960938
Chili looks like my Red Sexlink Rose. She has black on her tail and neck because she's half Delaware.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1602703628096.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602703628096.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom