3 Month Chick Lethargic - Runny Poo - Picture

ChickMomma

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
1) What type of bird , age and weight.

Buff Orphington, 3 months old, HAS LOST MOST OF HER WEIGHT IN THE PAST WEEK

2) What is the behavior, exactly.

She does not do chicken things. She sits and sleeps. Her breathing is heavy. She is eating and drinking.

3) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.

No

4) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.

Dont Know! Her pal a marans is doing just fine.

5) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.

Been fed starter grower 18% protein and water with ACV. She ate a scrambled egg last night. They were in my garden several days ago and got a hold of a red onion set and ate most if not all of it. Could this have done anything?

6) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.

Poop on Wednesday was of good consistency. Her poop this am is mostly the white stuff with liquid and a tiny amount of solids.

7) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?

Brought her into the house and put a heat light over her. Am taking a fecal sample to the vet this AM but no one is there till 10:30.

8 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?

I dont really know. This is my nephews bird and I want to save her for him.

9) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.

Here is her poo this AM. The size is as big if not bigger than her!

P1010583-1.jpg

10) Describe the housing/bedding in use

She was in a tractor with her buddy a marans but not she is in my rubbermaid brooder in the kitchen. She was on grass in the tractor but is on pine shavings in the brooder.

This is a picture of her. She is propping herself up against the side of the box. Yesterday she had her head tucked in her wing and she is just feathers and bones. She is all puffed out.

P1010584.jpg

Back
Top Bottom