3 month old Buff Orpington, do we have a Roo?

Just to let u know. U said u cam have roos. And u only worry bout neighbors. Are they “city neighbors “ or country folk? Of the first u can offer eggs if they hear ur birds. Hell honestly they may not hear it. If it’s regular folk do what you do . It’s your property. No one, and i mean no one. Can tell u to get rid of a bird bc they dont like it!!! As long as u providing food shelter water and dont let then ramble on other people’s yard.

It's more of a quantity thing. To keep the 2 roosters we would have to get another what........10 chickens? Each roo needs at least 6-7 hens I thought?

The coop I just built can't handle that many and I am not sure we'd need that many :/

The neighbors are normal people, but they definitely lean city. Not much DIY going on over there :D

Fwiw. If there raised together, they wont start fighting until there around a yr to yr & half.

You just have to feel them out . Keep the best roo. If hes a good roo he shouldnt be hard on the hens no matter if he got 2 or 10.

I have 23 hens. “Had” 3 roos. All ranging from 6 momths to 2.5 / 3 years .

1 ate a 22 bullet last week bc i was tired of him bein a hormonal jerk and his dad wouldnt keep in line

The other i sold bc he was older and his son was takin his place

Update!

#1 (Rose, now Roopert) is 100% a rooster. Has crowed multiple times now in the morning. Done deal.

#2 however, has not made a single peep. The chickens are around 12 weeks old now and I have read that most Easter Eggers are supposed to crow between 6-8 weeks. Roopert will make all kinds of noises outside of crowing as well, just little garbles here and there when running around the yard. #2 literally doesn't make a single peep. Any chance I just have an alpha hen on my hands? :D

I can try to take some updated pics if that would help.

Update!

#1 (Rose, now Roopert) is 100% a rooster. Has crowed multiple times now in the morning. Done deal.

#2 however, has not made a single peep. The chickens are around 12 weeks old now and I have read that most Easter Eggers are supposed to crow between 6-8 weeks. Roopert will make all kinds of noises outside of crowing as well, just little garbles here and there when running around the yard. #2 literally doesn't make a single peep. Any chance I just have an alpha hen on my hands? :D

I can try to take some updated pics if that would help.
We will need updated pics.

We will need updated pics.
Wait. Is this number 2?
Screenshot_20230406_162928_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom