3 month old chick can not stand

alisonkay

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
I have a black star chick that will not stand now she is eating and drinking but wont stand up. Yesterday I went into her pen to find her just laying there. I picked her up and brought her in. She was kinda limping around not wanting to use one of her legs and one of her wings were kinda limp winged. Now today she wont stand up at all? Any Ideas?

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.
Try posting this in the emergencies/diseases/care forum.

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am sorry about your chick. How old is this bird? Is she still under heat? With other birds, adults or chicks? Anything else you can tell us? Lots of things could have happened to her or it is possible she has some sort of brain swelling or even Mareks disease, (depending on how old she is). More details about how old she is and how you are keeping her will help to determine what is ailing her. You can also post this in our emergency section here on BYC. But be ready with all this information that I was questioning you about so they can further help you....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope your chick makes a full recovery.
hugs.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your chick, X3 on try posting in the Emergencies forum.

Hi! No, she does not. We decide to take her to the vet on Monday. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for everything!!
1f413.png
1f414.png
Monica

Back
Top Bottom