3 month old chickens keep killing eachother in 10 by 18 coop with 5 gallon food dish and 2 gallon water what is the cause

So it seems to be a nightly visiting predator and not the youngsters killing each other.

It is not unusual that they might peck at the carcasses, but this does not mean that they actually killed their flock mates.
After I went out there and move the chicken around a couple chickens were pecking a bit when I got back but the gap between the frame and the ground seems to be well used and compacted I’m pretty sure it’s my neighbors cat going in and out it’s killed off some other animals on my property and the dogs chase it off a few times a day

After I went out there and move the chicken around a couple chickens were pecking a bit when I got back but the gap between the frame and the ground seems to be well used and compacted I’m pretty sure it’s my neighbors cat going in and out it’s killed off some other animals on my property and the dogs chase it off a few times a day
Set a trap.

We also have a lot of rats around here so I feel like what ever the cat leaves the the rats might finish

every other day I go out I’m down a chicken...I’m not sure why they are doing this there is absolutely no signs of bullying during the day it happens over night

Like several of the other posters, I suspect a predator.

Can you bring the remaining chickens into your house for a few nights? Maybe put them in a dog crate or similar, and put them back outside each morning. If they are really killing each other, it would happen inside your house too. But if the real problem is a predator, that would keep the chickens safe while you deal with the predator (either blocking the way in, or trapping it, or whatever else works.)

Like several of the other posters, I suspect a predator.

Can you bring the remaining chickens into your house for a few nights? Maybe put them in a dog crate or similar, and put them back outside each morning. If they are really killing each other, it would happen inside your house too. But if the real problem is a predator, that would keep the chickens safe while you deal with the predator (either blocking the way in, or trapping it, or whatever else works.)
I live in a tiny house with 5 dogs and 2 kids it’s like 200sq we don’t have anywhere to put them in here, but my husbands going to cover all the holes and gaps before it gets dark out

Back
Top Bottom