3 month old swedish flower ck

phantom1

Songster
6 Years
5 Years
Mar 26, 2015
hi I have some Swedish flower chicks, about 3 months old one of them a couple weeks ago seemed lethargic not normal, she was not jumping around she just sat there, we brought her in and her eyes seemed to shut closed and had to get it open, alas, she died now I have another one who just died the same way, ive had them all inside where it was warmer and not sure what I need to do to protect the rest of the flock.

they both were eating normal, then in a days time they became lethargic, just sat there not wanting to move, not wanting to eat, drink etc, could they have phenominia
or what I haven't brought in any new birds in a month ( I got 5 baby pheasants)but they are in seperate housing ,the rest of the babies seem to be a normal ck

So sorry for the loss of your birds.

What did their poop look like? Can you take a sample to a vet so they can run a fecal test?

What's your general location? If in the US, if you list your state someone may know of a lab you could send your bird that just died to for a necropsy. In many cases this is not overly expensive, and can give you some answers about how to proceed with the rest of your flock.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom