3 of my babies dies within 6 hours of being home..

frizzleman74

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Fairfield County
I ordered from mypetchicken and i LOVE them. but this week wasn't such a good week. They were shipped tuesday and didnt arrive until thismorning at 6. When i open the box my blue silkie and buff laced polish are in the corner barley breathing. I put there beak in water and gave them food and sectioned them off from the rest of the girls. The buff laced dies within and hour and then at around 1 the silkie died..They were in the mail-WAY TO LONG. Then one of my easter eggers just decides to join them in chicken heaven. It seemed to be fine when we put it in its new home but 3 hours later it was gone, just sat down and never go back up. Thats 25% of my chicks that died! I sent the owner of mypetchicken an email because the easter eggers and blue silkies are sold out for the rest of the year. They refunded the credit card but if i ordered the buff laced again i need 3 other birds along with it for warmth in the mail- i get it. But then they said i have to pay $35 shipping.. I know its not there fault they died, nor is it mine. But there responsible for my chicks to be delivered alive and healthy. Clearly this wasn't the case. I hope to be replacing the ones who have passed, but the 9 i have right now are adorable and i love them too. The ones that died were the ones i was going to consider more my "pets". I love mypetchicken and i hope they can come through this time... Just though i should get it out and what you guys would do in my scenario. Thanks

I am so sorry......I have an order placed my first, with MPC.com. due to arive the week of the 26th..

I hope they are able to resolve this awful situation as best as possible!

I am so sorry. And I am so furious. The post office knows how to manage live birds. Tuesday ship, Friday delivery is unacceptable. Either MPC needs to ship overnight, or figure out how something like this happens and avoid it in the future.

So sorry for your losses. We bought our girls from our local Agway. How does MPC ship? Is it regular USPS or overnight? Just wondering because I'd love to add to the flock next spring and they have interesting breeds, but I couldn't handle receiving a package with chicks starving to death
sad.png
Again, so sorry.

MPC ships by Express USPS, and my last batch in the spring shipped monday and i receive them wednesday morning, which is more acceptable. I think that over night shipping should be an option so prevent one of these cases from happening again! I love MPC and this is my 1st bad experience with them but i will continue to be a dedicated customer! I'm going to replace the ones that passed and order a new batch fro Sep. 26. Hopefully this doesn't happen again, because I felt like it was my fault that they died because they were at my home now. I shouldn't have to feel like that or be put in that situation!

I received my "babies" 2 weeks ago via MPC. I believe they were born on Sunday, shipped on Monday and our Postman delivered them to be healthy and happy on Tuesday. So far, so good!

Contact MPC right away and let them know of your loss! They "should" cover your losses if they were over a certain percentage of your order (or so I have read). Either way, I would be for finding out exactly where the hold-up was in the postal system and give someone there an earful for the poor handling of live animals!

I have had great success with buying eggs thru BYC . I can not imagine shipping a live bird. just buy your eggs from people in here they really care. if you want seramams contact lisa from North carolina she knows how to pack them. I had my best hatch rate from her and she also makes awesome goatsmilk soap. Donna

Back
Top Bottom