3 out of 6 hatched!!! i'm soooo happy, also have question please..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momoftwinsinwi, Apr 19, 2009.

1. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    from pip to hatch was 8 grueling hours!! but when the first really started to rock and roll, there was about 8 of us that were able to witness it, it was awesome!!! was up until after 1am but the other 2 were in the "slow stage" but woke up this morning to 2 more!! these are from the eggs I put in from my birds and I have 2 cute little yellow fuzzies and one that is black and yellow (cute) these from my red & black stars. my dog is going crazy because she can hear them peeping and moving around and she can't see what's causing it!! LOL....how long before I put them in my rubber maid with heat lamp?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    I found this on the site:

BABY CHICKS!
    Once the baby chicks are out of their shell, try to not handle them to much in the first few hours.
    Let them dry completely before removing them from the incuabtor. Then place them in a brooder
    or box with a light above them to keep them warm.
    You want to make sure that the baby chicks stay DRY and WARM! This is very important as the
    baby chicks need to be dry and stay warm to survive their first hours. I always keep my baby
    chicks under a light for at least 2 weeks to insure the healthiest baby chicks!
    Give the baby chicks feed and water as soon as you move them out of the incubator as they will
    start eating and drinking right away. Just make sure you dont put a water that is oversized for
    baby chicks as they will sometimes get in the water and drown. I prefer the smaller jars and the
    plastic screw on tops that are actually made for the baby chicks because they have small
    openings.

Author: Darlene Douglas

3. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    I usually leave them in the bator til they are dry and fluffy. Then move them to the brooder.

Sheila

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    This is my first hatch, but as soon as mine are dry and can walk well, off to the brooder they go.

5. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    thanks folks!! they are in their brooder, warm dry and fuzzy!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by