3 out of 6 hatched!!! i'm soooo happy, also have question please..

momoftwinsinwi

Songster
13 Years
May 29, 2007
Rochester, WI
from pip to hatch was 8 grueling hours!! but when the first really started to rock and roll, there was about 8 of us that were able to witness it, it was awesome!!! was up until after 1am but the other 2 were in the "slow stage" but woke up this morning to 2 more!! these are from the eggs I put in from my birds and I have 2 cute little yellow fuzzies and one that is black and yellow (cute) these from my red & black stars. my dog is going crazy because she can hear them peeping and moving around and she can't see what's causing it!! LOL....how long before I put them in my rubber maid with heat lamp?

Last edited:
I found this on the site:

BABY CHICKS!
Once the baby chicks are out of their shell, try to not handle them to much in the first few hours.
Let them dry completely before removing them from the incuabtor. Then place them in a brooder
or box with a light above them to keep them warm.
You want to make sure that the baby chicks stay DRY and WARM! This is very important as the
baby chicks need to be dry and stay warm to survive their first hours. I always keep my baby
chicks under a light for at least 2 weeks to insure the healthiest baby chicks!
Give the baby chicks feed and water as soon as you move them out of the incubator as they will
start eating and drinking right away. Just make sure you dont put a water that is oversized for
baby chicks as they will sometimes get in the water and drown. I prefer the smaller jars and the
plastic screw on tops that are actually made for the baby chicks because they have small
openings.

Author: Darlene Douglas

Back
Top Bottom